The work of Women’s Aid ABCLN Volunteers is varied and interesting.
- Work with women, children and young people
- Support and facilitate activities in our Refuge and local Centres
- Take part in fundraising activities and events
- Help with administrative work
There are a number of reasons why people choose to volunteer with us:
- Using talents and experience to help others
- Learning new skills with training provided
- Trying something different
- Being a valued member of a team
- Having a sense of personal achievement
- Having the satisfaction of seeing results
- Meeting new people and sharing experiences with others.
Here is what you can expect from us:
- Training opportunities (accreditation)
- Experience and References
- Advise and feedback through a Volunteer Coordinator
- Thanks and recognition
In return for providing a worthwhile volunteering experience, we ask you:
- To make a regular commitment to volunteer
- To adhere to Women’s Aid policies
- To have a positive attitude
Ongoing training is available to all our volunteers to support you in your role, and to help you update and extend your skills. You are also encouraged to take part in fundraising activities and events for the organisation.
Some quotes from current Volunteers:
“I enjoy volunteering with Women’s Aid ABCLN, being part of a support network and seeing women becoming empowered to assert themselves in a positive way. I have made lots of friends and feel part of a community working together towards a common goal.” Volunteer – Ballymena
“Volunteering for Women’s Aid for me has built my confidence, self -esteem, and most important learning to trust again. Volunteering is very rewarding, beneficial and its very enjoyable and fun to be part of something so worthwhile.” Volunteer – Carrickfergus.
Download your volunteer application form here:
Or contact us on 028 256 32136
Or by writing to The Naomi Centre, 2 Cullybackey Road, Ballymena. BT43 5DF